- What is marGenius?
- marGenius helps you maximize your time by identifying opportunities for you to meet prospects, customers, partners, suppliers, employees, and even friends locally, nationally, globally.
Using the App
- What does the icon do?
- The marGenius icon refreshes your location and opportunities. It also takes you back to the Opportunities page.
- Why does marGenius look different when viewing from the website as opposed to my tablet or smartphone?
- We are using a great new language for structuring and presenting content on the web called HTML5. HTML5 allows us to write code one time and have it adapt to multiple devices. Based on the device HTML5 will automatically adjust for the screen size and resolution. This makes our product development time much shorter and allows us to really focus on functionality as opposed to UI, making marGenius a better product for you!
- Why do some Opportunities have the icon?
- This means that user is also using marGenius and you will be able to see open time slots on their calendar.
Importing and Syncing
- Why do I need to import my contacts?
- Importing your contacts lets marGenius find Opportunities for you.
- Where can I import my contacts from?
- marGenius lets you import contacts from Google, Microsoft Exchange, Yahoo, SalesForce and Windows Live (Hotmail). If you use a different application for your contacts or have a suggestion for other service providers to import contacts from please let us know.
- Why do I need to sync my calendar?
- Syncing your calendar lets marGenius plan your opportunities with the most accuracy, we don't want you double booking appointments. Syncing also allows other marGenius users to see your availability. We never show anyone any details about your meetings, except the start and end times.
- What calendars are supported?
- All users can sync with Microsoft exchange. Our paid users can also sync with Google calendar. Look for more options in the future. If you have any suggestions for us, please contact us at email@example.com.
- What are opportunities?
- Opportunities are people that you can connect with, whether they are within your contact list or through your connections.
- How come I can't see all of my contacts as Opportunities?
- Only contacts and connections near to your current location are displayed as opportunities. If you do not have an address for a contact, marGenius will not be able to display them as an opportunity. marGenius works best if you have an address (at a minimum the zip code for the address) specified for each of your contacts.
- How come I see myself as an Opportunity?
- If you are seeing yourself as an opportunity, go into the Setting page and click on the "Add Additional Emails" button and add other email addresses that you use (personal, buiness, etc.). By doing this you will filter youself from the Opportunities view.
- How do I categorize my Opportunities?
- Search for a contact or go to the Contacts page and edit the contact. From there you can choose a category for the contact, don't forget to click on "Save". You can also edit categories for multiple contacts at one time. To do this go to your Contacts, click on the icon and select the contacts you wish to set the category for. Once you've selected the contacts, click on the icon again, you will then be prompted with a few options, select the "Set Category" option, you can now assign a category to the selected contacts.
- How are Opportunities displayed?
- Opportunities are displayed based on their categorization and physical distance from your current location or meeting that you were viewing.
- How can I view Opportunities for another city?
- From the Opportunities page you can select the icon. You will be prompted to enter an address. Once you enter the desired address, click on "Update Location". Your opportunities will now be refreshed. Try testing the system; do you have Opportunities in London or Taiwan....how about Singapore?
- What if I don't see all my meetings?
- Try and re-sync your calendar and make sure that you have meetings on the calendar that you are syncing with.
- How do I add a meeting?
- You can meeting three different ways, the first is to create a meeting in the calendar that you are syncing, the second method is to click on the from the Meeting page, and finally is to select a contact and click on the "Request Meeting" button or click on the next to the contact's email address.
- How come I don't see any Opportunities for my meeting?
- To view Opportunities for your meeting go your Meeting page and click on the meeting of interest and then click on the "View Opportunities" button. marGenius will now display Opportunities related to this meeting. If not Opportunities are displayed, then either you don't have any contacts to generate Opportunities or you're not connected to anyone that is within 35 miles from your meeting location.
- How do I delete my meetings?
- To delete your meetings go to the page and click on the "Delete All Meetings" button. All your meeting from marGenius will be deleted but not from your connected calendar.
- What if I don't see any contacts?
- Verify that you have imported contacts, or go ahead and create a new one by clicking from the Contact page.
- How do I add a contact?
- Navigate to the Contacts page and click on the icon. Add New Contact form is displayed, fill out the form and save.
- How do I import contacts?
- Navigate to the Settings page and select the Import Contacts button. Choose a source and click on the Next button. based on the source selected, you may be prompted to enter in additional details, not to worry we don't store your information and we don't import your contacts unless you initiate the process.
- Can I categorize my contacts?
- Yes you can categorise your contacts! It is actually a good idea to categorize your contacts, marGenius prioritizes your opportunities by category. Favorites are first and prospects are second, being a marGenius user also adds favorably to their opportunity ranking.
Categories include (listed in order of ranking):
Do you think that we are missing a category, would you like to see another category added? Let us know and we will consider adding it to our next release. This can be done from the feedback link on our settings page or you can just send us an email at support@marGenius.com.
- What does "Share" my contact mean?
- Sharing your contact make your contact visible to your connection. That means your marGenius connection will be able to see the shared contact as an Opportunity. You can hide your contacts from other marGenius users by opening the contact, clicking "edit" and changing the setting to "not shared."
- How do delete my account?
- You can delete all of your contacts and meeting from the Setting page, or just send us an email at support@marGenius.com.
- What will other members see about me?
- They will only see your first and last name along with the company you work for. If you're connected to them then your email will also be visible to them along with your calendar availability.
- How do I report abuse or harassment or spam?
- The marGenius team does not tolerate abusive behavior, harassment or spam of any type. If you see this sort of activity please let us know immediately at support@marGenius.com.
- How do I report someone misusing marGenius?
- Send an email to support@marGenius.com with the details of the misuse and we'll look into it promptly.
- How do I report a idea/tip?
- You have a tip, awesome! We'd love to hear your opinion/feedback on marGenius. Just click on the Feedback button from the Setting page or send an email to support@marGenius.com.
- Having trouble loggin in with your iPhone/iPad?
- You'll need to verfiy that your cookies setting is not turned off. To do this: go into Settings --> Safari --> Change "Accept Cookies" to "From Visited".
- Your current locaiton not displaying?
- You'll need to verfiy that your Locaiton Services are turned on.
For the iPhone/iPad do this: go into Settings --> Locaiton Services --> verfiy that Locaiton Services are set to "On" for Safari.
For Android devices, do this: Settings --> Location services --> verify that "Google's location service" is selected.